White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- ½ brioche, challah, or panettone loaf
- 5 ounces fine-quality white chocolate chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large whole eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350° and butter an 8” square baking dish.
- Cut bread into cubes and set aside.
- Bring 1 cup heavy cream to a boil add chocolate. Remove from heat and let stand.
- In another heavy sauce pan bring milk and remaining cream to a simmer.
- In a bowl beat eggs, yolks, sugar & pinch of salt.
- Add milk in a steady stream, beating until combined.
- Whisk in chocolate mixture until smooth. Add vanilla.
- Arrange bread in pan and pour mixture over bread.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Place in oven and cook for 45-50 minutes.