White Asparagus Truffle Soup
Try this deliciously smooth and elegant soup. This White Asparagus Truffle Soup is further enhanced with a garnish of white truffle oil and asparagus.
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. white asparagus, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup whole milk
- truffle oil, for drizzling
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, add the olive oil and onion and cook until translucent. Then add the asparagus, broth and milk.
- Cook over medium-high heat until it reaches a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until asparagus is tender, about 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste.
- Ladle the soup into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer the soup into bowls and drizzle with truffle oil.