Vegan Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
- 1-1 ½ pounds chopped Butternut Squash
- 1 Medium Onion, roughly diced
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil, if desired
- 1 cup cooked Brown Rice/Quinoa
- 3 Thyme sprigs
- ¼ tsp. Ginger
- ¼ Apple Pie spice
- ¼ Cardamom
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat Olive Oil in large pot on medium Add Onion and cook until translucent
- Add Butternut Squash and Coconut Oil, add salt and pepper stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and the Thyme Sprigs. Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes until the Butternut Squash is soft.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a blender. Add the Coconut Milk, Brown Rice/Quinoa mixture, Ginger, Apple Pie Spice, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cayenne Pepper, Salt & Pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowls, top with Thyme and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, if desired.