Turkey Sausage Stuffed Pepper
- 4 orange, yellow, or red bell peppers
- 1 ½ cups turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chiffonade
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to roast at 350 degrees. Place whole pepper in oven for 25 minutes until they start to golden and wrinkle. Remove from oven and let cool. Slice off tops of bell peppers, remove seeds and discard.
- Chop up the bell pepper tops and place into a large bowl. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with the back of a spoon, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add tomato sauce and cook until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Add oregano and basil and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese. Stuff each pepper with filling and place in a square baking dish. Bake 25 minutes, until tender.