Homegrown tomatoes shine in my springtime French-inspired Tomato Tart, baked in a buttery crust with cheese and fresh herbs. Simple to make and delicious!
- 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
- all purpose flour for dusting
- 6-8 ounces of part skim ricotta cheese (sheep’s milk preferred)
- fresh ground salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of basil chiffonade or roughly chopped
- 12 ounces of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp of EVOO
- Optional white truffle oil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Unfold the puff pastry onto a floured piece of parchment paper and roll out into a 9-by-11-inch rectangle. Score1/2 inch in from the edge, all the way around, using a paring knife.
- Slide the pastry on the parchment paper and onto a baking sheet. Poke the middle all over with a fork.
- Spread ricotta evenly over puff pastry staying within border.
- Arrange tomatoes on top.
- Drizzle with EVOO, sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Cook in oven for 17 minutes at 375F.
- Drizzle with truffle oil add basil and serve.