Donatella’s recipes use panko instead of breadcrumbs, and that’s what makes my recipe a little different from other ones out there.
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup fine, dried bread crumbs such as panko flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. grated pecorino cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ Fresh herb leaves, such as mint and parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges
- Slick each fillet with a thin coat of olive oil and set on a baking sheet. Combine the panko, garlic, oregano, mint, parsley, pecorino, and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Dredge the fish in the mixture, covering each from end to end.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Preheat the boiler with the oven rack 5” from the heat source.
- Drizzle 3 tbsp. of the olive oil over the fillets and broil until the crumbs are brown 30 seconds. To 1 minute.
- Arrange 2 fillets on each plate and garnish with the mint, and parsley and lemon wedges.