The Mascot Dog
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 16 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 1/2 tbs. brown sugar
- 2 tbs. smoky paprika
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Salt/ ground black pepper
- Hot dogs
- Shredded cheese, Monterey cheese or cheddar
- Hot dog buns
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add onions and cook for 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook on high until beef is brown, about 7 minutes
- Add garlic, stir and cook for another minute.
- Add tomato sauce, beef broth, and brown sugar to the ground beef.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the spices, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Can add cayenne if desired
- While chili is cooking grill hot dogs on a preheated grill.
- Place hot dog in bun, top with chili and shredded cheese