Thai Coconut Soup with Zoodles
Watch as Donatella Arpaia makes this deliciously healthy and easy soup on Facebook Live here.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalepeño, sliced into rounds (can add more based on heat preference)
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 15 oz. can coconut milk, full fat
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 lime cut into 8 wedges
- Heat coconut oil in large pot. Add onion and cook for one minute. Add tomato. cook until onions are translucent. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in jalapeño, curry paste and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pat dry the chicken and add salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to the pot and stir, until the chicken begins to cook.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk, whisking until fully combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and add red pepper, chicken and fish sauce. Let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, quinoa, and cilantro.
- Divide zoodles among 8 soup bowls and ladle soup over; the heat of the soup will make the zoodles tender. If you are not serving it all at once, only use enough zoodles for each bowl of soup you are serving. Store any remaining soup in a tight sealed container.
- Top soup with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime.