Scary Spider Dip
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. coffee or coffee extract
- 1 loaf of round bread
- 12 oz good quality white chocolate
- Heat 1½ cups milk, sugar and cocoa. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in ½ cup milk and the remaining ingredients except the bread and white chocolate.
- Return to heat until it comes to a boil. Reduce and whisk constantly until thick.
- Hollow one loaf of bread, leaving 1” on sides and bottom to create a bowl.
- Pour the dip into hollowed bread.
- To make the spider web design: make a bain-marie by half-filling a small saucepan with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer.
- In a bowl that fits over saucepan, add the white chocolate. Place the bowl over the saucepan. Stir the chocolate until melted. Transfer chocolate to a pastry bag.
- Create a spider web design over chocolate dip by spreading the melted white chocolate over the dip starting in the center, pipe a spiral of icing and drag a knife through the spiral.