Slice of Joy Cheesecake
To make this recipe extra festive, consider dusting the sides of the cheesecake with confectioners’ sugar prior to frosting it.
- Baking spray or softened, unsalted butter to grease pan
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cinnamon
- 1/4 cup limoncello
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 1/2 lbs. Galbani® Whole Milk Ricotta, drained
- 1 3/4 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Galbani® Mascarpone, room temperature
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3/4 cup water or orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3–5 Italian amaretti cookies, grated into crumbs
- In the refrigerator, drain ricotta overnight in a colander lined with paper towels or cheese cloth.
- Set rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease 10” or 12” spring-form pan thoroughly with baking spray or butter.
To prepare the cheesecake batter
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until light yellow.
- Add in granulated sugar, almond flour, 1 tsp. cinnamon, limoncello, lemon juice and zest, and stir until incorporated.
- Add in ricotta 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring constantly.
To make the mascarpone cream topping
- In a separate cold bowl, whip heavy cream, vanilla extract, and confectioners’ sugar. Slowly add in mascarpone, whipping until the topping becomes stabilized.
- Fold 2 large tbsp. mascarpone cream topping into the cake mixture. Place the remainder of mascarpone cream topping in refrigerator.
- Pour cake mixture into pan. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon over the top, and swirl through the mixture with a toothpick.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 90 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake on a wire rack. Cover, and chill until ready to serve.
To prepare the cranberries for garnish
- Boil the cranberries gently in water or orange juice with sugar.
- Carefully lay the cranberries out individually on a non-stick tray and allow to cool down and harden.
- Frost the cake with a layer of mascarpone cream topping and decorate with cranberries and cookie crumbles.