- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. salt
- Juice of 5 limes
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 minced serrano chili, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cucumber, peeled & diced into ½ inch pieces
- 7 asparagus tips, blanched
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional: ½ cup fresh mozzarella, cut into ½ inch pieces
- In a large pot, bring to a boil 4 quarts of water, salted with 2 Tbsp salt. Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes max, depending on size of shrimp. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the shrimp. Cut each piece of shrimp in half, or into inch-long pieces. Place shrimp in a glass or ceramic bowl. Mix in the lime and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, mix in the chopped red onion and serrano chile. Refrigerate an additional 30 minutes.
- Right before serving add mozzarella (if desires), asparagus, cilantro, cucumber and extra-virgin olive oil.