- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- 5 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 ribs of celery, finely chopped
- 2 lbs large shrimp, cleaned and de-veined
- 1 ½ lbs crab meat
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 tbsp basil
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp red pepper flake
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add 2 bay leaves, 5 peppercorns & sliced lemon. When water is boiling, add shrimp & cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain & discard peppercorn, lemon & bay leaves.
- In a bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic & red pepper flakes. Add crab meat, shrimp & celery. Toss and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Add herbs to salad and server over greens or fresh spinach.
For an elegant appetizer, use a culinary ring, small ramekin, or measuring cup to mold the salad into a cylinder shape and garnish with fresh lemon.