Scrambled Eggs with Peppers & Peas
- ½ red pepper stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbs. butter
- ½ small shallot, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. whole milk
- Single serving peas, drained (canned)
- 1 slice Virginia ham chopped (optional)
- Mini sub roll
- Salt, to taste
- Touch of pepper
- Melt 2 tbs. butter in a non-stick skillet.
- Add shallot and sauté for one minute.
- Add the peppers and cook until softened about 5 minutes
- While the peppers are cooking crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with 1 tsp. milk.
- Stir in the ham & peas.
- Add the last tbs. butter to peppers.
- Pour eggs into skillet with peppers and cook for 10 seconds before stirring.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook eggs until done about 2 minutes, over medium heat.
- Turn off heat and put the eggs, peas and pepper mixture onto a mini sub roll.