Savory Parmesan Sformato with Grilled Asparagus
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 oz grated parmesan
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large yolks
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, heat the cream, garlic, salt, pepper and parmesan and whisk until cheese has dissolved. Remove from heat and whisk in the milk followed by the eggs and the yolks.
- Fill a large roasting pan with 1” of water. Spray eight 4 ounce ramekins with cooking spray and set inside the roasting pan. Divide the sformato batter evenly.
- Bake the custards for 15-20 minutes or until, when jiggled, the custard seems set but still slightly wobbly. Allow to cool slightly before inverting onto a dish.
- Serve over your favorite grilled vegetables or with crust Italian bread. Drizzle with olive or truffle oil and sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper.