Rigatoni with Summer Squash in a Lemon Basil Ricotta Sauce
- 1 pound artisanal rigatoni
- 2 cups roughly chopped summer squash
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Galbani ® Whole Milk Ricotta
- ½ cup shredded Galbani Premio mozzarella
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp. whole milk
- 6-8 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook rigatoni according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over med-high heat. Add zucchini and onion and cook until translucent and slightly browned. transfer pasta into pan and stir at high heat for one minute.
- In small mixing bowl, combine Galbani ® Whole Milk Ricotta, shredded mozzarella, grated parmesan, and milk. Stir in the basil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the pasta with the vegetable mixture. Add the ricotta mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Spoon into bowls. Garnish each portion with several pieces of cooked squash, basil, and lemon zest.