A must try is this low-fat and tasty Swordfish dish with cherry tomatoes and pitted olives, passed on to Donatella by her grandmother.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs swordfish steaks
- ½ cup basil, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of pitted olives (galena or black)
- 4 tbsp capers
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan. Add garlic & cook over low heat until translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer garlic to bowl with a slotted spoon. Add onions & sauté for 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper on both sides & then add the fish to the pan. Cook 3 minutes on both sides.
- Add herbs to the fish & cook for another 4 minutes on both sides. Transfer fish to the dish with reserved garlic.
- Place skillet on high heat & add tomatoes & red pepper flakes. Cook for 4 minutes, then add olives & capers to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture over swordfish. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Nonna always served Swordfish on a platter with sliced lemons but feel free to dress up as desired.