Nacho Hot Dog
When you place the hot dogs over the heat, don’t walk away! Keep turning them to get grill marks all around and watch them carefully. When they start to expand — but before they start sputtering — they’re done.
- 4 hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno seeded and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup salsa (store-bought)
- 2 avocados smashed with the juice of 1 lime, 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt/pepper, 3 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- ½ cup Nacho chips
- Preheat grill to high.
- Grill hot dogs until golden brown about 2 minutes per side.
- Place hot dogs in hot dog buns.
- Put 2 tbsp. avocado smash on top of hot dogs, followed by 2 tbsp. salsa, shredded cheese, and ½ tsp. jalapeno.
- Top off with a few nacho chips, if desired