Mushroom and Gruyere Bread Pudding
Looking for a last-minute dish to bring to your Thanksgiving dinner? Try this savory Mushroom and Gruyere Bread Pudding with sweet dinner rolls, mushrooms, and gruyere cheese.
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 11/2 lb. mixed mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 tbs. tarragon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package Sweet Dinner Rolls
- ¾ cups gruyere cheese, grated
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 13x9x2 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add fresh mushrooms and sauté until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add sherry and cook until sherry has evaporated. Add tarragon and salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, half & half, a pinch of salt and pepper and beat.
- Arrange half of the King’s Hawaiian rolls on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with the mushrooms and half of gruyere and Parmesan cheese. Then top with the other half of the rolls.
- Drizzle the egg mixture over the rolls. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the egg mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until golden brown.