Mini Turkey Pot Pies
Donatella’s Mini Turkey Pot Pies are perfect for after or before Thanksgiving. Try these Mini Turkey Pot Pies for a fun twist on classic comfort food with Italian flavors.
- 1 package of Sweet Dinner Rolls
- 2 ½ tbs. unsalted butter plus 3 tbs. butter
- ½ large shallot, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups cooked turkey cubed
- 8 oz. canned corn, peas and carrots (or leftover veggies from Thanksgiving)
- 3 tbs. flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg.
- 2 tsps. Fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tbs. melted butter
- salt , to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Lightly butter a muffin tin with 12 muffin cups.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 ½ tbs. butter over medium-high heat. Add the chopped shallot and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the turkey and veggies and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a small saucepan melt the 3 tbs. butter then add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thick. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add the milk mixture to the turkey mixture. Mix well and set aside.
- Remove ¼ of each dinner roll and reserve.
- For each remaining ¾ piece of roll using a rolling pin flatten into a dough and then mold into each muffin cup, filling all 12 cups.
- Fill each muffin tin evenly with turkey mixture.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the remaining ¼ piece of each roll into a dough and cover the turkey mixture with the dough.
- Brush tops of bread with melted butter and bake until rolls are crispy, about 15 minutes.