Medusa’s Scary Hair Pasta
Use squid ink to make pasta more shocking with the color and extra dimension of flavor. The perfect dish for your next Halloween themed dinner party.
- 1 pound of squid ink linguine
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced small
- 1 tbsp. tarragon, chopped
- 1 jar salmon caviar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and salt heavily.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and olive oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream and stir until mixture thickens on low heat and continue to stir.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper. Add a heaping tablespoon of salmon caviar and stir.
- Add the pasta to the cream sauce and toss. If too thick add some pasta water to the pan. Add parmesan cheese and toss.
- Garnish each portion with a dollop of burrata and salmon caviar.