Romantic Risotto Recipes are perfect for Valentine’s Day or any special occasion! Wow, your loved one with Donatella’s Lobster Risotto!
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tbs. cognac or brandy
- Meat from 2 cooked lobster tails
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1½ cup finely diced leeks
- ½ cup finely diced fennel
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup chervil, chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbs. lemon zest and lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt 3 tbs. of butter. Add 1 cup of leeks and cook until tender, but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cognac and simmer for 1 minute. Then add the lobster meat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a saucepan heat the chicken stock.
- In another sauté pan melt 1 tbs. butter and 1 tbs. olive oil add the fennel and cook until tender (about 5 minutes). Add the remaining ½ cup of leeks and cook 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the wine and cook until absorbed.
- Add the stock ½ cup at a time, cooking until each addition is absorbed before adding next amount. Finally add mascarpone cheese, stirring until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lobster meat, lemon juice and zest, salt, pepper and chervil.