Italian Wedding Soup
Donatella found a new way to use meatballs, in an Italian Wedding Soup!
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup diced carrots
- ¼ cup celery
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups homemade or store-bought chicken broth (low-sodium, so you can control the saltiness)
- 2 bunches fresh spinach or ½ bag o frozen spinach
- 4-6 meatballs, defrosted
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place butter & olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery & carrots.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until soft but not brown.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a simmer.
- Add meatballs and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Cook simmering for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve in bowls sprinkled with grated cheese.