Italian Grilled Asparagus with Lemon
- 2 lbs medium size asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp EVOO
- Himalayan sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add asparagus to a pot of boiling salted water and blanch for one minute. Using tongs remove, place in ice bath. When cooled remove and pat dry.
- Prepare a hot charcoal or gas grill and put spears on rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with teaspoon of EVOO and a generous pinch of Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper for added brightness.
- Grill until the aspagus develops grill marks, remove from heat, and add some lemon zest and freshly shaved Parmesan cheese to serve.