Irish Bailey’s Cream Tiramisu
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day or any special day with this delicious Irish Bailey’s Cream Tiramisu.
- 1 ¼ cup strong coffee
- 1 ¼ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 16 oz. lady fingers
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 granulated sugar
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 tbs. grated chocolate (bittersweet or dark)
- In a small bowl, pour cooled coffee and add I cup of the Irish cream, stir.
- Separate the eggs and place the whites in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolk and sugar until the mixture is thick, and yellow, about 4 minutes. Add the remaining Bailey’s cream and mascarpone and mix until smooth.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Dip the lady fingers, one at a time, into the coffee mixture.
- Line the bottom of a 7×11 rectangular dish with a layer of lady fingers.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the cookies.
- Sprinkle 2 tbs. grated chocolate over the mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat with another layer of soaked cookies.
- Top cookies with the remaining mascarpone cheese.
- Top the mascarpone with the remaining grated chocolate.
- Cover the dish with plastic and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve sprinkle some more grated chocolate over the top.