Bucatini with Donatella’s Pesto
When busy weeknights call for simple recipes that can be pulled together quickly, try Donatella’s simple to make and very delicious Homemade Bucatini with Donatella’s Pesto.
- 1 ¼ cups high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Package of bucatini pasta
- 1 cup asparagus tips blanched
For the Pesto
- Place nuts and garlic in food processor and process for 15 seconds.
- Add basil, salt and pepper. Process for 15 seconds.
- Slowly add olive oil and process until mixture is pureed.
- Add parmesan cheese and process until combined.
For the Bucatini
- Cook pasta according to instructions, add sauce and asparagus to pasta gently toss and serve.