Holiday Herbed Ricotta Dip
Chef Tip: Dried herbs are often more concentrated than fresh herbs. So, if you’re substituting them with dried herbs in this recipe, cut the measurement to 1 tsp. of each.
- 1–2 Tbsp. softened butter
- 2 cups Galbani® Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1 cup Galbani® Whole Milk Mozzarella, hand shredded
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. each fresh thyme, rosemary, and oregano, finely chopped
- 1 rustic baguette, warmed in the oven
- salt and pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes (optional)
- grapes, oven roasted or toasted in air fryer (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter two 4 oz. (or one 8 oz.) cast iron (or other oven-safe) ramekins thoroughly.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, zest and juice of 1 lemon, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, and oregano.
- Fill ramekins with the cheese mixture. Be sure to wipe the outside lips of the ramekins clean to prevent burning.
- Bake uncovered for about 15–20 minutes until the top of the cheese starts to set and lightly brown.
- Warm the baguette during the last 5 minutes while the dip is in the oven.
- Remove the dip and baguette from the oven. Season the dip with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the dip with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with red chili flakes, and garnish with roasted grapes if desired.
- Serve with torn pieces of warmed, crusty baguette.