Grilled Tomahawk Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Grilled Tomahawk Steak with Chimichurri Sauce grilled on Donatella’s Lynx grill
For the steak:
- 2 Tomahawk steaks
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
For the chimichurri sauce:
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Calabrian chilies in oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. basil
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the steak:
- Be sure to remove steaks from fridge 30 minutes before grilling.
- Heat one side of your Lynx grill to the highest heat. Leave other side of grill off.
- Season all sides of steaks with salt & pepper generously.
- Mix rosemary & extra-virgin olive oil together and brush all sides of steak with mixture.
- Sear the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side, letting the flames lick up the sides. You’ll know the steak is ready to flip when it releases easily from the grill
- Transfer the steak to the side of the grill that is off. Place a rosemary stem on each steak and close grill and let cook for about 25 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 130 degrees. Let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
For the sauce:
- In a food processor, combine parsley, oregano, basil, garlic, Calabrian chili, vinegar, salt and pepper. Process until smooth
- Transfer to bowl and cover. Let stand for at least 30 minutes, then stir and pour desired amount over sliced steak.