Grilled Eggplant, Tomatoes and Smoked Mozzarella
- 1 large eggplant
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- ½ pound smoked mozzarella
- Heat Grill
- Cut eggplant into thick slices, about ½ inch.
- Slice tomatoes into thick slices, about ½ inch.
- Slice the mozzarella into thick slices, about ½ inch.
- Brush the eggplant and tomato slices with olive oil.
- Place the eggplant slices on the grill and grill until charred on both sides.
- Place tomatoes on grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove.
- Place a tomato slice on a slice of eggplant, top with a slice of smoked mozzarella.
- Place stack back on grill and close the cover for 1 minute or until cheese starts to melt.
- Place on serving dish and drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil.