Grilled Asparagus and Mortadella
Asparagus season is here! Grill the asparagus and add mortadella, an Italian luncheon meat.
- ½ lb. of each: purple, white, and green asparagus
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ lb. mortadella
- ½ cup grated pecorino or ½ lb. fresh mozzarella diced
- parmesan, to taste
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil turning them to coat.
- Salt the asparagus and toss again.
- Heat grill to high.
- Grill asparagus for 6 minutes over hot grill turning asparagus every few minutes until charred on all sides.
- While asparagus is grilling, place mortadella slices on grill and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove asparagus and mortadella from the grill.
- Place asparagus on a platter.
- Dice mortadella slices and place over asparagus spears.
- Top asparagus and mortadella with parmesan and lightly drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.