Galbani® Wild Mushroom Ragu Over Crispy Polenta
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 2 ¼ cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Instant polenta
- ½ cup Galbani Pecorino Romano, grated
- 1 cup Galbani Mascarpone
- 2 tbs. Butter
- 2 tbs. Olive oil
- 2 lbs. Assorted gourmet mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 1 tbs. Truffle oil
- ⅓ cup Parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup Galbani Parmesan, grated
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In medium saucepan, add milk and 2 cups chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Gradually add polenta, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Reduce heat and cook until polenta is very thick.
- Remove from heat and add Pecorino Romano.
- Whisk in ½ cup of Mascarpone.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mushroom mixture: Melt butter and olive oil in sauté pan. Add mushrooms and sauté until browned. Add shallots, sauté another minute, and season with salt and pepper. Add ¼ cup of chicken broth and heat for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining Mascarpone, truffle oil, and parsley.
- Arrange polenta on a platter, top with mushroom mixture, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.