Galbani® Tomato Tartare
Donatella’s Tips: Choosing heirloom tomatoes in different colors will add instant appeal to your plate. Dicing the tomatoes provides a more refined and elegant take on the classic Caprese.
- 2 Medium-large heirloom tomatoes, ripe but firm
- 2 Medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- 4 slices Galbani Thin Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
- Dash Chili oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
Micro basil for garnish
- Cut tomatoes in half. Remove and discard seeds, juice, and ribs if mealy. Cut in ¼-inch dice and add to bowl.
- Combine diced tomatoes, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, and oregano gently. Allow the tomato tartare to marinate for a minimum of 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Using a metal ring, arrange ½ of the chilled tomato tartare in a stacked circle in the center of a serving plate.
- Layer 2 overlapping slices of the Fresh Mozzarella, followed by another layer of tartare, and finish with 2 more slices of Fresh Mozzarella. Remove the ring as carefully as possible to keep the layers of the stack intact.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, a little chili oil, and finish with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with micro basil.