Galbani® Seafood Stuffed Shells
For pizza chefs who don’t have the staff to do a labor-intensive pasta, use a good-quality Alfredo sauce and just melt in Galbani’s Bel Paese for a next-level, “semi-homemade” sauce.
- 24 Dry jumbo pasta shells
- 2–3 Egg yolks
- 21/2 cups Galbani Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1 cup Galbani Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. Parsley, finely chopped (divided)
- 1 tbsp. Tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 lb. Shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed and roughly chopped
- 1 lb. Lobster meat, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Thyme, finely chopped, for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp. Butter
- 2 Medium garlic cloves, minced
- 11/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 12 oz. Galbani Bel Paese, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- Cook pasta shells and remove from boiling water one minute before required package directions. Rinse with cold water, drain again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a clean bowl, combine egg yolks, Ricotta, Parmesan, one tbsp. parsley, and tarragon. Mix well and set aside.
- Clean and pat dry shrimp and lobster. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and lobster to skillet, and lightly season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for just a couple of minutes and remove from heat. Set aside to cool thoroughly.
- Gently fold cooled shrimp and lobster into Ricotta mixture.
- Spoon Ricotta and seafood mixture into each shell.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium low heat. Add garlic, and cook for a couple minutes, being careful that garlic doesn’t turn color.
- Add heavy whipping cream and 1 tbsp. of all-purpose flour. Simmer for about 4 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add Bel Paese and continue to stir until cheese is completely melted. Season with kosher salt and white pepper.
- Set aside 2 tbsp. of cheese sauce and stir in paprika for a pink-colored garnish.
- Pour half of Bel Paese cheese sauce into an ungreased baking dish.
- Arrange stuffed shells on top of sauce. Spoon some more sauce over each shell.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and change oven from “bake” to “broil.” Broil uncovered on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and assemble on serving plates. Garnish with lobster tails, sprinkle thyme and remaining parsley, and add pink sauce for color.