Galbani® Roasted Tomato & Mascarpone Soup
- 1.5 lbs. Tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 – 5 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Agave
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- ¼ cup Galbani Mascarpone, plus a little extra for garnish
- ½ cup Roasted cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bouquet of herbs tied in cheesecloth (peppercorn, thyme, oregano, star anise)
- Tomato purée: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange tomato halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of agave. Roast until tomatoes have dried slightly and some of the skins have burst, about 1.5 hours. Pass roasted tomatoes through a tomato press, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Roasted cherry tomatoes: Arrange on a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Roast in 400 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Put aside for garnish.