Galbani® Mozzarella & Prosciutto Pizza
Donatella’s Homemade Pizza Dough
- 2 ¾ tsp. Fresh yeast or active dry yeast
- 4 ⅛ cups Water
- 2 ¾ tbsp. Sea salt
- 12 ⅓ cups “Double zero” flour
- Oil for greasing
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Galbani® Premio Mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup Baby arugula
- Galbani® Ovolini, broken into 4 pieces
- 2 pieces Thinly sliced prosciutto, ripped in half
- Truffle oil for drizzling
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the yeast over the water, combining yeast and water in a large bowl, and let stand until the yeast is creamy, about 1 minute. Stir until the yeast dissolves. In a large bowl, add sea salt, then the yeast mixture and flour. Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer the dough ball to a lightly floured surface and knead, adding more flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Lightly coat another large bowl with oil. Place the dough in the bowl, turning it to oil the top. Cover with plastic wrap and store someplace warm; let rise until it doubles in size, about 6 hours.
- Cut the dough into 9-ounce pieces and shape the pieces into balls. Place the balls on a nonstick surface or parchment paper, and then cover with plastic wrap, allowing room for the dough to expand. Let the dough rise until doubled, 8 – 12 hours.
- Rest the dough in the refrigerator for 2 – 4 hours. Your homemade dough is now ready to be baked.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Top pizza with cherry tomatoes and Mozzarella. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with arugula. Place Ovolini and prosciutto pieces evenly around pizza. Add salt and pepper to taste, drizzle with truffle oil, and serve.