Galbani ® Mozzarella, Ham and Potato Croquette
- 6 Russet potatoes (boiled and allowed to dry overnight)
- 3 Eggs (1 whole egg plus 2 yolks)
- 1 cup Galbani Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 – 6 oz. Thinly sliced ham, finely chopped
- 4 – 6 oz. Galbani Fresh Mozzarella, cubed
- I cup All-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove and let cool for one hour.
- Peel the potatoes and put through potato ricer. Allow to cool slightly.
- Stir the egg, 2 egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and ham into the potatoes.
Season with salt and pepper.
- For each croquette, use about ¼ cup of the potato mixture. Place in the palm of your hand and form a ball.
- Make an indentation in the center of the potato ball and add a few cubes of Mozzarella. Bring up the sides to cover the cheese.
- Form ball into a sausage shape about 1 inch thick by 2 ½ inches long.
- Repeat the process with the remaining potato mixture.
- Dip the potato logs into all-purpose flour to coat with a light dusting all around. Place the logs on a wire rack and allow them to dry for 20 to 30 minutes.
- When ready to fry the croquettes, pour about ½ inch of oil into a large skillet. Heat over medium heat.
- Place only as many croquettes into the pan as will fit without crowding. Fry until evenly browned, turning occasionally.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a low oven.
- Optional: Serve with a side of dipping sauce.