Galbani ® Housemade Marinated Ciliegine with Asparagus Tips
- 1 Bunch of thinnest asparagus available (cut off stems)
- 2 Large garlic cloves, smashed
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. White balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dried oregano
- 24 oz. Galbani Fresh Mozzarella Ciliegine
- 2 tbsp. Fresh basil chiffonade
- 2 tbsp. Lemon zest
- 1 heaping tbsp. Crushed pink peppercorn
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Boil asparagus tips until al dente. Immediately remove and place in ice bath for two minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano into a dressing. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine Ciliegine with basil, lemon zest, and pink peppercorn. Toss gently until incorporated.
- Remove garlic cloves from dressing, and add dressing to the Ciliegine. Toss until incorporated. Gently mix in asparagus.
- Allow the dish to sit for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with rustic Italian bread.