Galbani® Holiday Braciole
- ¾ cup Italian-flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Galbani Parmesan, grated
- 1 cup Galbani Provolone, shredded
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Pine nuts, toasted
- 4 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 1 ½ lbs. Flank steak, pounded as thin as possible
- 1 cup Spinach
- 2 tbsp. Fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 cans Crushed tomatoes (14.5 oz. cans)
- 1 tbsp. Dried oregano
- 1 cup Red wine
- 3 Fresh basil leaves, for finishing
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Breadcrumb filling: Place breadcrumbs, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons garlic, parsley, and pine nuts in a bowl. Mix well with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons water.
- Braciole: Lay flank steak on a flat surface, season both sides generously with salt and pepper. With a spoon, spread breadcrumb filling on the meat, add layer of spinach, and generously spread Provolone on top. Start at short end of each steak and roll tightly. Use kitchen twine to tie rolled-up steak in 1-inch intervals.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan at medium-high heat. Brown braciole in pan on all sides. Remove from pan to let rest.
- Add remaining garlic and olive oil to pan. Sauté until garlic begins to turn golden. Add tomatoes, oregano, wine, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Take pan off heat, put braciole back in pan, and put in oven. Cook for approximately 3 hours. To finish, add a few basil leaves.