Galbani ® Grilled Summer Pizza
- 1 large zucchini, cut into discs
- 15 oz. Galbani Ricotta
- Lemon zest from half a lemon
- Salt and pepper (Black salt recommended)
- 16 oz. store bought pizza dough or 12” store bought pizza crust
- Semolina flour, for sprinkling
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz. Galbani Fresh Mozzarella Log, cut into 10-12 slices
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 small handful fresh basil
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. (Skip this step with store-bought crust.)
- Salt zucchini discs 1 hour ahead in strainer to remove excess water. (This helps zucchini brown while grilling.)
- Ricotta mixture: Mix ricotta, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Grill or sauté the zucchini for two minutes per side. Set aside.
- Heat grill to the highest temperature (600 degrees F, if possible).
- Roll out pizza dough to create oblong, organic shape.
- Brush one side of dough with olive oil.
- Grill dough: lay dough on grill with olive-oil side down. Brush top of dough with thin layer of olive oil. Let dough cook for about 3 minutes with the lid off, or 1 to 2 minutes with the lid on. Use tongs to lift dough periodically to prevent scorching. The dough should have grill marks on it, but it should not get crispy.
- Remove dough from grill.
- Top pizza: Spread the grilled side of the dough with a thin layer of ricotta mixture. Layer mozzarella slices evenly, then top with zucchini. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.