Galbani® Gorgonzola Apple Pear Pizza
- 1 cup Marcona almonds
- 1 cup Sugar
- 16 oz. Pizza dough
- 11/2 cups Galbani Premio Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 Bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Apple, cored and thinly sliced (your favorite variety)
- 10 oz. Galbani Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup Bacon, thickly sliced
- Honey for garnish
- Micro basil for garnish
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- To make glazed almonds, place almonds in a sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add sugar and stir occasionally with wooden spoon. After 5 minutes, sugar should begin to melt. Cook another 5–6 minutes until sugar and nuts begin to brown.
- Remove from heat and set each individually on a plate. Allow to cool.
- To make pizza, roll out pizza dough into oblong shape.
- Spread layer of shredded Mozzarella.
- Then, interlayer slices of pear and apples.
- Generously spread Gorgonzola, then add bacon.
- Cook at high heat until ready.
- Garnish with a drizzle of honey, micro basil, fresh thyme, and glazed Marcona almonds.