Eggplant Parmesan Burger
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. minced basil
- 2 medium garlic clove minced
- 1 egg lightly beaten.
- 4 tbsp of sun dried tomato jam (store bought)
- 4 slices smoked mozzarella
- Hamburger Buns
- Cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add eggplant and boil uncovered until eggplant is soft (about 10 minutes).
- Drain eggplant and let cool.
- Press out as much water from the eggplant as possible. Chop eggplant finely.
- In a bowl, combine eggplant, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Form eggplant mixture into 4 patties.
- Brush patty generously with olive oil heat grill to medium-high heat. Cook patties for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on top of patty and cook for 1 minute more.
- Place bun on grill for 20 seconds on both sides.
- Place eggplant patty on hamburger bun and top with 2 tbsp. sundried tomato jam and cherry tomatoes (optional).