EASY Ginger Peach PEACH TART
My Easy Ginger Peach PEACH TART brings in the goodness of summer with fresh peaches.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 2-3 peaches
- 2 tbsp of ginger peach preserves(plain optional)
- 1 large egg
- confectioner sugar for dusting
- sprinkle with cinnamon & cardamon
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold the puff pastry onto the baking sheet. Lightly score the dough by cutting a border 1 inch from the edges (do not cut through the pastry). Prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Spread preserves evenly on pastry inside the border. Slice peaches making sure they are approx. same size, arrange the slices so that they are slightly overlapping each other in three rows inside the border.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and cardoman
- In a small bowl, break an egg and dilute with a little water, whisk together.
- Brush the egg wash around the edges of the tart.
- Bake the tart for 15 to 17 minutes until it is golden and puffed.
- Remove the tart and let it cool slightly then dust it with confectioners’ sugar and serve.