Donatella’s Cast-Iron Eggplant Parm Featuring Galbani® Cheese
- 2 Medium-sized eggplants
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 – 2 cups Olive oil
- ¾ qt. Marinara sauce
- ¾ cup Galbani Parmesan, grated
- 8 – 12 Basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 ½ lbs. Galbani Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Slice eggplant roughly ¼ mm thin on a mandolin or slicer.
- Coat eggplant lightly with flour, making sure to pat off additional flour.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy-based pot, and fry eggplant until light brown. Flip over so golden on all sides. Once fried, place on paper towel and salt and pepper eggplant chips.
- Coat base of a 4” x 4” oven-safe or cast-iron dish with marinara sauce. Add a single layer of eggplant chips, then a dusting of Parmesan, several pieces of basil, a thin layer of Mozzarella, and a light drizzle of sauce. Repeat layering process, beginning with eggplant and continuing with additional ingredients.
- Cover and put in oven at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.