Creamy Broccoli and Roasted Garlic Soup
- 2 heads broccoli (steamed)
- 1 head garlic roasted in the oven
- 1 Container chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups white rice (cooked)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream cream
- 1 med sized onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp evoo
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- A chunk of Parmesan rind (optional)
- Microgreens garnish (optional)
- In a deep pot add oil and onion and sauté until softened.
- Add steamed broccoli and roasted garlic, salt, pepper, and stir for two minutes with a wooden spoon.
- Add broth, herbs, Parmesan rind. Bring to a boil. Then let simmer for 15 min.
- Remove from heat and pour contents in the blender. Add cooked rice, and blend until smooth.
- Add in cream, salt, and pepper to taste, and blend for a few more seconds.
- Place in soup bowls, and garnish,
- In a blender add to soup, cooked rice and blend until smooth. Add in cream, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with drops of your best extra virgin olive oil and microgreens.