Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Upgrade your cookie recipe with this healthy version- more fiber, less sugar, but the same great taste!
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 3 cups whole wheat oatmeal
- 10 oz dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsalted almonds or walnuts, roughly chopped
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract, coconut extract, and eggs. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in oatmeal, dark chocolate, shreeded coconut, and nuts. Form small balls- about 1 tablespoon each- and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 350F for 11-13 minutes. Let cool 1-2 minutes on a cooling rack before serving.