Cinnamon Grilled Pork Chop
For the brine:
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup salt
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2-3 star anise
For the pork chops:
- 4 bone in pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
- 2 tsp. of olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 tsp. sugar & 2 tsp. cinnamon, mixed together.
- 3 peaches, quartered & pitted
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp. high-quality balsamic glaze
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Several small leaves fresh purple basil
- Stir together the water, salt, and sugar until dissolved. Stir in the ice and star anise. Place 4 pork chops in a ziplock bag. Pour in the brine and seal the bag. Place the bag in a bowl in case it leaks and refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove the chops, discard the flavor brine, and pat the chops dry. Let stand 30 minutes before grilling.
- Brush the chops very lightly with oil and season both sides generously with salt and pepper. Rub 1 tsp. of cinnamon sugar for each chop.
- In a bowl, combine the peach quarters, maple syrup, and 2 teaspoons oil. Season with pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Prepare your Lynx grill for medium-high heat. Place the chops on the grill rack over the hottest part of the fire and cook until golden – about 2 minutes. Move to a cooler part of the grill and cook until the pork is firm and cooked through – about 3-4 minutes per side. Place the peaches over direct heat and sear, turning with tongs, until the cut sides are golden, 30-60 seconds total.
- Transfer the chops and peaches to a platter and drizzle on balsamic glaze. Garnish with pepper and serve.