Galbani ® Chicken Eggplant Caprese
Summertime sizzles when you transform a caprese salad into an exciting entree. This dish delights with grilled eggplant and chicken layered with Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella, vine ripe tomatoes, and fresh basil.
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small pieces chicken cutlets, pounded
- 1 firm medium eggplant, sliced approximately ¼” thick
- 8 oz. Galbani Fresh Mozzarella Ball, cut into 8 slices
- 1 small handful of fresh basil, torn or chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Arrange tomatoes on a rack set on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast tomatoes 30 minutes.
- Place crushed garlic in small pan with 1/3 cup olive oil. Heat oil to infuse with garlic flavor, then cool.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Brush chicken with garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush eggplant slices with garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil.
- Grill cutlets and eggplant slices 3 – 4 minutes on each side. Chicken should be firm and marked. Eggplant should be tender and marked.
- Grill tomatoes, 1 minute each side.
- Layer eggplant, then chicken, then tomato topped with mozzarella.
- Place stacks on platter and cover with foil so cheese melts slightly.
- Garnish with basil, salt, and pepper.