Cherry Jam Tart
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 8 tbs. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- grated rind of a lemon
- 3 egg yolks
- ¾ cup thick cherry jam
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine dry ingredients. Add rind, butter and yolks. Process until just combined, do not over process.
- Form the dough into ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Fit dough into a 8-10” tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing gently into sides and bottom. Prick the bottom with a fork several times. Save extra dough for the top of the tart.
- Spread the cherry jam evenly over the dough.
- Take the remaining dough and roll into ropes about ¼“ in diameter. String over jam in a diamond pattern.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until dough is deeply golden.