Who doesn’t love an authentic, made with love, cannoli? True to their Sicilian roots, Donatella’s cannolis are filled with fresh ricotta, instead of the custard and cream.
- 1 pound fresh ricotta, drained
- ¼ cup Strega or orange liqueur
- 1¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Grated zest of ½ orange
- Pinch of salt
- 6 large cannoli shells or 12 small
- Opalescent nonpareils
- Combine the ricotta, liqueur, sugar, cinnamon, orange zest and, salt in a bowl
- Add Using a whisk or electric mixer, whisk on medium speed until the mixture is light and creamy, about 2 minutes
- Spoon the cream into a resealable plastic bag. Snip off one of the corners.
- Squeeze the cream into the cannoli shells and sprinkle either end with the nonpareils.