- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Unsalted butter
- Sweet Hot Dog Buns
- 1 cup ricotta
- ¼ cup powdered sugar and extra for dusting
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract or almond extract
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced strawberries.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk or half-and-half, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Transfer to a shallow pan.
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip the hot dog bun in the egg mixture, soak well and coat evenly.
- Place the bun in the pan and push down slightly with a spatula.
- Cook 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Place the ricotta, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl, beat with mixer for 4 minutes.
- Mix in semi sweet chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Fill cream into piping bag and pipe into French toast bun, top with strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar and more chocolate chips!