- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium leeks (white part only), thinly sliced
- 2 boxes frozen artichoke hearts defrosted, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 tbs. parsley, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 1 ½ cup grated pecorino cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll out one sheet of puff pastry to fit a 9” tart pan with removable bottom. Alternatively, use a square tart pan.
- Roll a second sheet to 10” diameter and refrigerate both until filling is made.
- In a large sauté pan heat the oil and add leeks, cook until leeks are softened.
- Add artichokes and cook for 12 minutes over low heat.
- Add wine and raise heat to high, cook until wine has evaporated. Stir in the parsley, salt & pepper. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and milk.
- Transfer artichoke mixture to prepared tart pan, spread evenly. Sprinkle with cheese. Pour egg mixture over top. Cover with the second sheet of pastry and trim edges.
- Bake for 40 minutes.